Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Work Site 2 -- Day 2 by Zack Jewby

Today during our rural mission trip, we continued working on the same location. We continued putting up siding on the house we have been working on these last couple days. Mr. Dutrow, Ms. Slingluff, Evan, and I did alot of work today. We were working in the back yard of the house that was turned into a swamp because of the very bad storm we had yesterday. The boards that we were using for the siding of the house were very long and flimsy, and when we finally got the siding up, we had to hold it in place with one arm and hammer it in with the other. It made me feel very good helping people that are in need as bad as they are. I feel like I am so fortunate to have what I have but sometimes i feel like I am not always grateful for what I am given. This trip has really made me change my thoughts and be grateful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers